Quick view of Excel PROPER Function
Explanation: In the above table, the PROPER function is applied to the data and the results are from D7 to D10. The formula can be seen in the E column.
Excel PROPER Function
The Excel PROPER function helps us to capitalize the text and of the selected cell. However, it ignores the spaces & punctuations.
Purpose (When to use PROPER Function)
The PROPER function is used to Capitalize the first letter of any given word.
Return value (Result)
This function helps to capitalize the characters & make them look proper.
Syntax (Rules to use PROPER Function)
Arguments (Parts of Syntax)
text – The text that needs to be converted to Proper Case.
- Cell C7 contains “successful year” result in cell D7 “Successful Year”
- Cell C8 contains “happy Birthday” result in cell D8 “Happy Birthday”
- Cell C9 contains “Happy new year” result in cell D9 “Happy New Year”
- Cell C10 contains “welcome to the party” result in cell D10 “Welcome To The Party”
- In all the results you can observe the first letter is been capitalized